Any order placed with Alan Hadley Ltd which requires its vehicles to go off the public highway will be at the customer’s own risk and the customer will accept full responsibility for any consequential damage that may occur to persons, property or vehicles
Please note : When delivering or collecting off the public highway damage can occur to the ground surface. If you ask us to come off the public highway it must be understood that this is done at your request and that you accept responsibility if any damage occurs.
• It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure that a suitable space is available for the skip to be safely deposited and that there is reasonable access for the delivery vehicle. If the driver determines that it is not possible or safe to deposit the skip, a failed delivery charge may be incurred. The time allowed for loading/unloading is 20 minutes. If the vehicle is kept waiting longer than this Alan Hadley Ltd reserves the right to charge waiting time.
• Once the skip has been placed in a suitable position as determined by Alan Hadley Ltd it must not be repositioned without prior consent from Alan Hadley Ltd as moving the skip could result in us being unable to collect it.
• Skips on the public highway require road licences and have safety equipment such as lights and road cones. We can arrange these if you telephone us to place the order, but we regret that we cannot accept online bookings.
The Skip and its contents:
• The responsibility for the skip and its contents remains with the customer until collected by an Alan Hadley Ltd vehicle. The customer will be liable if the skip is removed by any other means or for any loss or damage to the skip (excluding fair wear and tear) during the term of the hire. The lighting of fires in or near skips is strictly prohibited.
• The customer shall ensure that the skip is not overloaded by weight or by volume at the point of collection. The skip should be loaded so that it is filled no higher than the top of its sides. 8yd and12yd skips are only to be used for light waste as filling these with concrete, soil or other high density materials will result in them being too heavy to be safely and legally transported. Alan Hadley Ltd reserves the right to refuse to collect overloaded skips.
• Most hazardous materials must NEVER be placed in the skip, including but not limited to asbestos, paints, solvents & other liquids, gas bottles, batteries, fire extinguishers and fireworks. These materials can cause environmental damage and put our staff at risk.
• Fridges & freezers, TV’s and Monitors, tyres and plasterboard are also classified as hazardous but can be put in the skip subject to prior agreement by Alan Hadley Ltd. Additional charges will apply to these items.
Please note : If any hazardous materials are found in a skip once collected, the hirer will incur additional charges or have the materials returned to their premises. Similarly if the contents of the skip do not match the waste type ordered additional charges may apply
• The maximum rental period is 14 days. It is the responsibility of the customer to request collection within this time [either by telephone or email]. Where the customer has not contacted us to arrange collection within the hire period we will attempt to contact them but if we are unable to do so we reserve the right to collect the skip unannounced.
• You can usually extend the rental period by contacting our office. A small additional charge may apply
• The price of our services will be as shown on our website except in cases of obvious error. If we discover an error we will inform you as soon as possible and give you the option to cancel or reconfirm at the correct price. If we are unable to contact you we will treat the order as cancelled and provide a full refund
Cancellation and refunds :
• You can cancel your order at any time prior to the day of delivery and the amount paid will be refunded to you. We reserve the right to charge for a wasted journey if you cancel on the day of delivery [prior to delivery] or if our driver arrives at your premises and is turned away.
• Refunds will be made to the credit/debit card used for payment within 30 days of the cancellation date.
Customer Satisfaction Feedback
• We may on occasion send a follow up email to selected customers asking for feedback on the usability of our online skip ordering process, our website and our overall service.
• By placing an order you have given permission to Alan Hadley Ltd and our parent company, Claude Fenton (Holdings) Ltd, to create and maintain records on you and/or your company which will be held in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations 2018 and relevant UK legislation. We will not share any data about you with third parties except where you have given us your permission or where we are legally required to do so., e.g. we are required to pass information on to Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs, The Environment Agency or other Governmental departments if requested. It will be your responsibility to inform us if the data we hold about you requires updating, for example, new contact details or business address. We will retain your personal records for as long as we are legally obliged to. After that time, the data will be erased or disposed of in a secure and safe manner. You are entitled to request a copy of any data that we hold on you, and/or that it is erased unless UK legislation requires it to be retained. If you have any concerns regarding our data protection policy, you will need to write in the first instance to: GDPR Info, Alan Hadley Ltd, Arrowhead Rd, Theale RG7 4AD